- All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) and Utility-Terrain Vehicle (UTV). Allows UTVs up to 65 inches wide.
- Horseback riding
- Off-road motorcycles
ATVs, UTVs & Off-road Motorcycles
- Open May 1 - March 14 (closed for spring breakup March 15 through April 30)
- Difficulty: easy to moderate
The Solberg Trail is located northeast of Phillips on the Price County Forest and the Chequemagon-Nicolet National Forest and allows ATVs, UTVs and off-road motorcycles.
The trail is a total of 9.5 miles long including trail riding and road routes and connects to the Flambeau Trail System and Sailor Lake Campground located in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest (CNNF). You can also access Solberg Lake County Campground sites 1-16 and 37-60 via East Solberg Lake Road.
The trail has a graveled surface, crosses numerous wooden boardwalks and meanders through a variety of different forest types.
South Parking Area
The south parking area is located northeast of Phillips at N10574 East Solberg Lake Road. From Highway 13 north of Phillips, turn east on Old Highway 13, drive about 1 mile, turn right onto Squaw Creek Road, then turn left on East Solberg Lake Road and continue to the parking lot.
Or from Highway 13 in downtown Phillips, turn east on County Road H and travel about 2 miles to to East Solberg Lake Road traveling north about 4 miles to the parking lot. The parking area has an unloading / loading ramp and ample room for parking.
There are no amenities at this parking area; however, there are businesses within walking distance. Directly across from parking area is the East Solberg Lake boat landing/picnic area.
North Parking Area
The north parking area is located at Sailor Lake Campground and Picnic Area (parking pass required). Traveling east on Highway 70 from Fifield, turn south on Sailor Lake Road and continue to the parking area.
Amenities include an unloading / loading ramp, drinking water, vaulted toilets, picnic shelter, boat landing, and 25-unit campground.
A National Forest parking pass is required. You can purchase a single day pass or an annual sticker. The fee for the single day pass can be paid at the parking area. An annual sticker can be purchased at the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest office at 1170 S. 4th Avenue / Highway 13 in Park Falls, over the phone by calling the office at 715-762-2461, or at the following businesses:
- Phillips BP / Ball Petroleum (165 S. Lake Avenue Highway 13, Phillips)
- Bridge Bait, Tackle, and Archery (1414 S. 4th Avenue Highway 13, Park Falls)
- Fifield Marathon Station (N14181 Willow Avenue Highway 70, Fifield)
- Moose Jaw Resort (N15098 Shady Knoll Road, Pike Lake)
- Park Falls BP (1230 4th Avenue Highway 13, Park Falls)
- Park Falls Ace Hardware (1114 4th Avenue Highway 13, Park Falls)
Horseback RidingHorseback riding is allowed on the trail; but remember, the trail is shared with motorized vehicles
Learn more about Sailor Lake Campground and the Flambeau Trail System.