Property Tax Payment Information
Tax Payments to Price County
1. By mail to: Price County Treasurer, 126 Cherry St Phillips, WI 54555
2. In Person: Room 105, Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (Courthouse closed Dec 23, Dec 24, Dec 30 & Dec 31)
3. Drop box located on building near handicap parking in parking lot
4. Online through Point and Pay (link below)
Pay Price County Treasurer Online with credit card, Visa Debit or E-check by clicking link below for:
1. Delinquent taxes Delinquent Tax Listing with Interest-Penalty through 1.31.2022 (updated 1/5/2022)
2. All taxes for towns of Fifield, Worcester, Georgetown & Harmony
3. 2nd Installment after February 2 for 2-installment municipalities 2nd Installment Due List
Point n Pay charges & retains a convenience fee of $1.50 for E-Check, 2.39% for Credit card, $3.95 for Visa Debit Pay Price County with Point n Pay
The below listed municipalities accept E-check, credit card & Visa debit payments for 1st installment or full payment on Current taxes through January 31. Pay Price County Treasurer after February 2nd.
If municipality is not listed below, they do not accept e-check or credit card payments.
Pay Town-City-Village for 1st Installment/Full Payment for Current Tax Year
December and January only for 2-installment and December - July for 3-installments
Please click on the link that corresponds with the town-city- village where property is located as shown on stubs at bottom of tax bill.
MUNICIPALITY LINK to Pay Online Convenience Fee
Town of Catawba Pay Town of Catawba Dec-July $1.50 E-check, 3% credit card, $3.95 Visa Debit
Town of Emery Pay Town Emery Dec-July $1.50 E-check, 3% credit card, $3.95 Visa debit
Town of Eisenstein Pay Eisenstein Dec-Jan $1.50 E-check, 3% credit card, $3.95 Visa Debit
Town of Elk Pay Town Elk Dec-Jan online $1.50 E-check, 3% credit card, $3.95 Visa Debit
Town of Fifield Pay Town of Fifield online $1.50 E-check, 2.39% Credit card, $3.95 Visa Debit
Town of Flambeau Pay Town of Flambeau Dec-Jan online $1.50 E-check, 3% credit card, $3.95 Visa Debit,
Town Georgetown Pay Town of Georgetown online $1.50 E-check, 2.39% credit card, $3.95 Visa Debit
Town of Harmony Pay Town of Harmony online $1.50 E-check, 2.39% credit card, $3.95 Visa Debit
Town of Hackett Pay Town of Hackett Dec-Jan online $1.50 E-check, 3% credit card, $3.95 Visa Debit
Town of Kennan Pay Town of Kennan Dec-Jan online $1.50 E-check, 3% credit card, $3.95 Visa Debit
Town of Knox Pay Town of Knox Dec-Jan online $1.50 E-check, 3% credit card, $3.95 Visa Debit
Town of Lake Pay Town of Lake Dec-July online $1.50 E-check, 2.39% credit card, $3.95 Visa debit
Town of Ogema Pay Town of Ogema Dec-July online $1.50 E-check, 2.39% credit card, $3.95 Visa debit
Town of Prentice Pay Town of Prentice Dec-Jan online $1.50 E-check, 3% credit card, $3.95 Visa debit
Town of Spirit Pay Town of Spirit Dec-Jan online $1.50 E-check, 3% credit card, $3.95 Visa Debit
Town of Worcester Pay Town of Worcester Dec-Jan online $1.50 E-check, 2.75% credit card
Village of Prentice Pay Village Prentice Dec-July online $1.50 E-check, 2.75% credit card
City of Park Falls Pay City Park Falls Dec-Jan Online $1.50 E-check, 2.39% credit, $3.95 Visa Debit
City of Phillips Pay City Phillips Dec-July online $1.50 E-check, 3% credit card, $3.95 Visa Debit
Full payment and/or 1st half tax payments are payable to the municipality postmarked by January 31 Postmark also includes payments initiated online with credit card and e-check.
2nd half tax payments are paid to Price County Treasurer postmarked no later than July 31, with the exception of 8 municipalities that adopted 3 installment payment ordinance (see below list of multiple installment municipalities). ** online payments made by credit card and e-check, should be initiated by July 31 in order to be received within 5 days of the due date as required by statute.
PAYMENT is TIMELY when:
- Mailed in a properly addressed envelope,
Postmarked on or before the due date, postage prepaid or paid online
Received by proper treasurer (in correct treasurer hand) within 5 days after due date of January 31, July 31.
This includes making payments online with credit card, debit card and E-check, the date payment is made online is the same as the "postmark" date...it takes 3 days for payment to show in the bank (in our hands).
WI Stats 74.69(1) Whenever any one of the due dates is missed, the entire remaining balance becomes due subject to interest & penalty calculated back to February 1 at the rate of 1.5% per month until tax is paid.
February interest is 1.5%, March 3%, April 4.5% etc. WI Stat 74.47, 74.11(11), 74.12(10)
PLEASE NOTE -
If you choose to use your bank's BILL PAY option, be aware that these checks are mailed from out of state by third party processors without a postmark. The confirmation information from the bank is not acceptable proof of a timely payment. We must have an envelope with a postmark or letter from the post office to prove the payment was mailed by January 31 & July 31st and a postal delay is responsible for late payment per WI Statute 74.69 Payment must be received within 5 business days of January 31 & July 31 to be considered timely.
* When making payment online with credit card, e-check or debit card after February 2, May 2 or Aug 2 payment will not be received timely (within 5 days of due date) and will be considered delinquent - subject to interest and penalty at the rate of 1.5% per month.
Multiple Installment Tax Payments (3 payments)
All current year taxes (Dec - July) are paid to the town/city/village treasurer for Towns of Emery, Lake, Ogema, Village of Prentice & City of Phillips. Town of Georgetown & Harmony are paid to Price County Treasurer
- Real Estate Property Taxes (Amounts of $100 or more)
- 1st Installment – 25% due January 31
- 2nd Installment – 25% due April 30
- 3rd Installment – 50% due July 31
- All Real Estate Taxes under $100, MFL, Personal Property Taxes, Special Assessmts/charges are due January 31
- Alternative Option 1: Pay your taxes in full by January 31
- Alternative Option 2: Pay 50% of your taxes by January 31 and 50% by July 31. (when using this option be sure to add the January and April stubs together to insure correct payment)
- Town of Catawba taxes are the same above except for percentage amount due each installment
1st installment - 10% due January 31
2nd installment - 40% due April 30
3rd installment - 50% due July 31
* Please include the Tax ID # or "tear-off" stub with your payment to ensure payment is properly applied.
* All Real Estate taxes under $100, Managed Forest Land, Personal Property tax, Special Assessments/Charges
are due in full by January 31 to the municipal treasurer.
* To receive a tax receipt, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, provide email address or Receipts and Tax bills can be printed from the county website at
Property Tax Search under the TAXES tabInterest and penalty are charged at the rate of 1.5% per month from Feb 1 when a payment is not made by due date. See interest schedule
* No refund is given if an overpayment is $5 or less.
- Tax bills are mailed by the town, city & village treasurers by December 15th.
- Per Wisconsin State Law, failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve owner of liability.
- Please call or email as soon as possible if you do not receive your tax bill.
- It is the responsibility of the owner to notify the treasurer of address changes.
Pursuant to Wisconsin Statute Section 74.47, interest and penalty of 1.5% per month until paid on the whole unpaid balance and will be charged from February 1 regardless of when the tax due becomes delinquent. Option to pay in installments is lost.
REAL ESTATE FORECLOSURES
If real estate taxes remain unpaid for 3 years (from when tax certificate is issued September 1st for current year), the Price County Treasurer begins the foreclosure process starting with the publication of the 3rd year taxes in the Price County Review newspaper the first week of April.
Title searches start in November following April publication, title search fee will be added to taxes.
Newspaper Notice for Unpaid 2018 Taxes