How does a party get certified copies of the certificate of termination?
Certified copies of the certificate of termination can be purchased from the Register of Deeds or from the State Vital Records Office (the same copy fees apply: $20 for the first copy and $3.00 for each additional copy of the same certificate of termination ordered at the same time). Under vital records law, it is illegal for anyone besides the Register of Deeds or the State Vital Records Office to make copies of the Original Certificate of Termination of a Domestic Partnership document, including the partners themselves. If you have any questions, please contact the County Clerk.

Show All Answers

1. What is the process for applying for a Declaration of Domestic Partnership?
2. When may people apply to register as a domestic partnership?
3. Who may apply for domestic partnership?
4. Where do you apply for domestic partnership?
5. What paperwork is involved?
6. How much does a domestic partnership cost?
7. What documents are needed to apply for the declaration of domestic partnership (to establish the domestic partnership)?
8. Is there a waiting period between the end of a legal relationship (domestic partnership or marriage) and the date a person can enter into a new one?
9. How do you terminate a domestic partnership?
10. When does the termination become effective?
11. What if one of the partners chooses to get married?
12. Is there a fee for terminating a domestic partnership?
13. How does a party get certified copies of the certificate of termination?
14. If a couple is already registered as domestic partners or are married to each other (in another state) are they automatically transferred to the state’s Domestic Partner Registry?
15. Who is developing the application and registration forms for the domestic partnership program?
16. What rights does a domestic partner have to obtain vital records related to his or her domestic partner?