Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
The most current minutes are presented as "unapproved" until they are approved at the successive committee meeting.
- Alan Barkstrom, Chairperson
- Brian Ernst, Member
- Jeff Hallstrand, Member
- Paula Houdek, Member
- Larry Palecek, Member
Additional Committee Information
The membership of the Executive Committee shall consist of five (5) County Board supervisors. One is the County Board Chairperson and another is the County Board Vice-chairperson, of which the County Board Chairperson will be the committee Chairperson and the County Board Vice-chairperson will be the committee Vice-chairperson. The other three members are elected by the County Board. The term of the committee members begins with the Organizational Meeting in April of the election year and lasts for two years.
The Executive Committee shall meet once a month or as deemed necessary by the committee Chairperson.
The Executive Committee's primary responsibility is to supervise all financial matters of the county and control expenditures so they fall within the authorized budget's limitations.
Roles and responsibilities of the committee:
- Oversee all insurance and bond coverage within the county government, excluding health insurance and workers’ compensation insurance.
- Approve or reject any or all vouchers as submitted to the committee for approval at each meeting.
- Review the annual budget prior to presentation to the County Board for approval and provide guidance to the County Administrator for budget development.
- Monitor reports provided by the County Administrator regarding monthly budget compliance.
- Act as committee of jurisdiction for the following offices.
- County Administrator
- County Clerk
- County Treasurer
- Register of Deeds
- Review and recommend budgets for the following areas:
- Contingency Fund
- County Board
- Act as responsible committee for investments of county monies pursuant to the Wisconsin State Statutes, §66.0603(2).
- Transfer contingent funds money not to exceed 10% of an authorized departmental budget pursuant to the Wisconsin State Statutes, §65.90(5)(b).
- Assign fund balance as required in GASB Statement No. 54.
- Review audit and financial reports for the governmental unit.
- Review, prior to County Board action, any resolution relating to the overall financial activities of Price County.
- Review resolutions as presented by Departments under its jurisdiction prior to presentation to the County Board.
- Serve as the committee of jurisdiction for all proposed resolutions not falling within the jurisdiction of any other standing committee of the Board.
- Perform other duties as required by resolution or County Board action.
- On behalf of the County Board, provide direct supervision to the County Administrator.
- Absent the activation of the Emergency Management Committee, provides governance and oversight to the Emergency Management Coordinator in those areas specified by County ordinance.
- Review all claims against the County, excluding those assigned to another committee, and forward to the County Board with a recommendation for approval or denial.