- Local Municipalities
- Price County Municipalities
- Town of Flambeau
Town of Flambeau
Town Departments / Offices
- Clerk / Treasurer: Rebekah Trigg
N11811 Popple Hill Rd
Phillips, WI 54555
Ph: 715- 257-5257
Email Town Clerk/Treasurer
- Assessor: Michael Schnautz Assessments
PO Box 47
Clam Lake, WI 54517
- Zoning: Price County Zoning Department
OPEN BOOK & BOARD OF REVIEW
To view the Open Book and Board of Review schedule, please click here.
Location: Flambeau Town Hall N11195 Town Hall Rd
Property Tax Collection
The town has contracted with Price County Treasurer to collect all real estate and personal property taxes. 1st installment/full payment due by January 31 payable to: Price County Treasurer
Tax Payments to Price County
1. By mail to: Town of Flambeau C/o Price County Treasurer, 126 Cherry St Phillips, WI 54555
2. In Person: Room 105, Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
3. Drop box located on west side of Courthouse near handicap parking
4. Online through Point and Pay Pay Price County
- January 31 - Pay in Full or 1st half taxes postmarked by January 31
- July 31 - Pay 2nd installment taxes postmarked no later than July 31
- All real estate taxes under $100, MFL, personal property taxes and special charges are due in full by January 31
- Delinquent Tax Listing
- July Payment Due List
Pay Taxes Online
There is a 2.39% fee charged for credit card, $3.95 for Visa Debit card payments and fee of $1.50 for E-check for which the taxpayer is responsible.
Missed or Late Payment
If any installment payment is missed or not paid by due date:
- The entire unpaid balance of taxes becomes delinquent and subject to 1.5% per month interest/penalty retroactive to February 1st
- option to pay in installments is lost.
- Pursuant to Wisconsin Statute Section 74.47, interest and penalty of 1.5% per month on the whole unpaid balance and will be charged from February 1 regardless of when the tax due becomes delinquent. No matter what installment is missed, the total unpaid balance becomes due and payable and is subject to interest and penalty from February 1 option to pay in installments is lost.
- Interest and penalty cannot be waived except due to postal error
PAYMENT is TIMELY when:
- Mailed in a properly addressed envelope
- Postmarked on or before the due date of January 31, July 31, postage prepaid or paid online
- Received by proper treasurer(in hand) within 5 days after the due date of January 31, July 31.
- Online payments initiated by January 31, July 31 with credit card, debit card and E-check . It takes 3 days for payment to arrive at the bank (in our hands).
- If you choose to use your bank's BILL PAY option, be aware that these checks are mailed from out of state by third party processors without a postmark. The confirmation information from the bank is not acceptable proof of a timely payment. We must have an envelope with a postmark or letter from the post office to prove the payment was mailed by January 31 & July 31st and a postal delay is responsible for late payment per WI Statute 74.69
- Payment must be received within 5 business days of January 31 & July 31 to be considered timely.
WI Stats 74.69(1) states "Whenever any one of the due dates is missed, the entire remaining balance becomes due subject to interest & penalty calculated back to February 1 at the rate of 1.5% per month until tax is paid".
- Pursuant to Wisconsin Statute Section 74.47, interest and penalty of 1.5% per month on the whole unpaid balance until paid and will be charged from February 1 regardless of when tax becomes delinquent. Option to pay in installments is lost. Interest Schedule (pdf)
February interest is 1.5%, March 3%, April 4.5%, August 10.5% etc. WI Stat 74.47, 74.11(11), 74.12(10)